The email is as follows:
Subject: FW: Obama
> >> According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is: The
> >> anti-christ
> >> will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations
> >> with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the
> >> prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope
> >> and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it
> >> OBAMA?? I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to repost this as many times as
> >> you can! Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media
> >> outlet...do it! If you think I am crazy..Im sorry but I refuse to take a
> >> chance on the "unknown" candidate
This ranks a spot right up there with O'Bama as the birthchild of an alien. And that would be of the persuasion who travels around in a flying suacer. But for the sake of argument, here's a tad of research about the Antichrist that might help de-rumorize the region. And in the South, we always love a good story.
According to www.who-is-the-antichrist.org, Obama doesn't quite fit the billing. Neither does George Bush, another Southern rumbling.
From their website, the Antichrist will fit the following criteria according to Biblical scripture:
- "It will rise to be a great power after the fall of the pagan Roman Empire (after 476 AD)
- It would uproot three of the ten kingdoms the Roman Empire collapsed into
- It will be a geographically small nation (a little horn)
- It will rule over many people, nations and tongues (it will be universal)
- It will be headquartered in the city of seven hills, Rome
- It will be a religio-political entity - a political city-state ruled by a priest-king
- Its priest-king will make great and blasphemous claims
- It will claim authority over all kings
- It will claim its power to change the holy times and laws of God as its mark of authority
- It will be an apostate Church that makes the nations drink her cup of apostate doctrine
- It will be a “mother” Church, with apostate daughters coming from her
- It will be a persecuting power, killing the faithful saints of Jesus Christ as heretics
- It will hold power and authority for 1260 years following the fall of pagan Rome
- It will suffer a deadly wound that will end 1260 years of dominance and persecution
- It will be revived after the deadly wound, and all the world would wonder at its revival"
In other words, Obama is what he is. A political candidate who was, up until several weeks ago, an intelligent well-rounded man running for president who just happens to be both black and white. After associative ties with his long time minister, he is now more black than white with most voters. Obama may be a relative unknown, but his political talent fueled by desire for a change in the direction of this country raised the cream to the top of the political cup. However, he is definitely not the Antichrist.
It's these genres of rumors that give Rednecks a bad name.